Wednesday, February 15, 2012

2011 NFL Wrap-Up

I am a little bit disappointed that I didn't get around to making a pre-playoffs post of all of my picks, but I guarantee I would not have had the Giants going as far as they did. It was definitely a fun playoffs to watch, especially with Tim Tebow getting a victory over such a proud franchise in the first round. I am looking forward to the offseason and next year.

As I look back over my preseason predictions, I am proud of picking the Patriots to win the Super Bowl. They didn't win it, but they were in it, making my AFC prediction right. I can live with that. In fact, my AFC predictions were almost completely right, with all of the teams in the playoffs or in contention. The Chargers even had a chance to get the division berth at the end there, they just didn't follow through completely with their late-season revival and hot streak.

My views on the NFC were a bit more jacked up, but that is just the way I like it. The NFC threw a lot of people for a loop, especially the 49ers. Their deep playoff run was impressive and gives us something to look forward to next year out of an otherwise unimpressive division. The Seahawks are definitely a team to keep on the radar, however. I will be watching them more closely than other teams this offseason as I believe they can build a solid contender in Seattle.

With all that, I am going to try to blog a little bit more these days and hopefully focus on sports that are not football a little bit more. Assuming I get this going strong again, it would be great if you would share my blog to others and even comment on stuff. I would love to get some feedback and some discussions going. Thanks a lot guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment