Wednesday, January 5, 2011

About the Saints

Yesterday I posted my thoughts on how the playoffs will play out. I'm not gonna revise those predictions, but the Saints have suffered two huge blows to their backfield that will probably greatly affect their ability to run the football, thus changing their chances to go to the Super Bowl.

Today the Saints placed their best rusher on injured reserve. Pierre Thomas sat out Week 17 and missed a large part of the season due to injury. He follows the path of talented rookie RB Chris Ivory, who was placed on injured reserve by the Saints yesterday. For those of you who are keeping track, the only "running back" of significance left on the Saints' roster is Reggie Bush.

I think this will have an impact on their ability to go deep into the playoffs. This is terrible for everyone but Patriots' fans (at least following my perspective) because I thought the Saints had the best chance to stop the Patriots from winning another Lombardi.

But for those Eagles fans out there, keep in mind I had them losing to the Saints in the NFC Championship Game. So this makes things brighter for the Eagles and the rest of the NFC teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment